HALLOWEEN JACK O’LANTERN FRUIT CUPS
This is a fun way to get the kids to eat nourishing fruit during the candy-laden Halloween season. Also easier to carve than a great big pumpkin. Get the kids involved!
8 oranges or grapefruits
An assortment of seasonal fruits (eg. apples, grapes, pomegranates)
Seasonal berries (eg. blueberries, raspberries)
Slivered almonds, walnuts or almonds
- Draw a face on the fruits to make it easy to cut out.
- Slice off the top of the fruit to use as a little hat later.
- Hollow out a large grapefruit or orange.
- Cut out the features using a sharp knife.
- Fill up the empty fruits with an assortment of chopped fruit.
- Then use your artistic inclinations to fill the mouth and eyes with blueberries or raspberries or any other seasonal berries.
- Add some nuts for an extra crunch.
- Sprinkle pomegranates over the top for a nice shiny effect and voila, you have Jack O’ Lantern fruit cups – healthy and fun!