These delicious banana pancakes are perfect for a light breakfast, or as a teatime snack. For a healthy version simply add slices of banana, or if you are like us, add some cinnamon sugar or Maple Syrup too!
1 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (plus extra for frying)
3/4 cup (180ml) Almond Milk (or another non-dairy milk)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Maple Syrup for serving (optional)
Cinnamon sugar for serving (optional)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon – mix together.
- Mash the banana in another bowl, add the coconut oil and mash together.
- Add banana mix to the flour mix bowl and add the plant-based milk and vanilla essence. Mix together – the batter will be fairly thick.
- Heat up a pan with a little coconut oil until hot and then add in some batter for your first pancake, around 1/4 cup of batter at a time. When the pancake starts looking dry along the sides with little bubbles on top, then flip it over until browned on the other side. Keep flipping and pushing down with your spatula until the pancakes are very nicely browned and the inside has had a chance to cook through.
- Serve pancakes with some sliced bananas, and any other fresh fruits you may have, along with either Maple Syrup or cinnamon sugar