Some people are not sure about cabbage stews, but we can promise you that this one will change your mind! Packed with vegetables, plant-based sausages, garlic and paprika, it’s hearty while being healthy.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pack Fry’s meat-free sausages (or any other plant-based sausages)
Half a head of cabbage, shredded
500g baby potatoes, halved
2 carrots, grated
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, sliced
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
3-4 cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
Parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the plant-based sausages until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onions and green pepper until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli (if using) and other spices and fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, carrots and stock. Stir and season.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return sausages (sliced) to the pot with the shredded cabbage and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rice.