This simple dish is so easy and quick to put together, making it perfect for any level of cooking skill. Of course it tastes delicious too! Think baby potatoes, beans, garlic, ginger, coriander and white wine – all the good stuff!
20 baby potatoes
2 big handfuls broad beans
1 red onion cut into semi-circles
Garlic clove, crushed
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup white wine
Heaped tablespoon Garam Masala
Handful of coriander for garnish
Salt and pepper
- Cut baby potatoes in half and boil until soft, but not mushy.
- Steam broad beans until soft but still crunchy.
- Heat up olive oil in a wok or big pan and flash fry garlic, ginger and onion on high heat for 1 minute.
- Turn heat down and add the potatoes, broad beans, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry until potatoes are fried and slightly brown.
- Add in the heaped tablespoon of Garam Masala and stir well.
- Increase heat again and add the white wine slowly, continuously stirring.
- Decrease heat and leave on stove-top for another 5 minutes until the wine has evaporated.
- Place in a serving dish, throw a generous glug of olive oil over it and garnish with coriander.