This chickpea curry is incredibly easy to make and is packed full of flavour. It also keeps well in the fridge and is even better a few days later!
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 can of coconut milk
1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
1 onion – finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves – minced
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of curry powder
Salt to taste
To serve: rice and veggies of your choice
- Add a dash of oil to a large pan and once hot add in the chopped onion.
- Fry the onion gently for 3-4 minutes until it starts to caramelise.
- Add in all the spices and the garlic cloves.
- Cook for another minute and continue stirring to avoid burning. Add a dash of water to prevent from sticking.
- Add in the drained chickpeas, coconut milk and tinned tomatoes. Mix everything together, add bit of boiling water just to enough to cover the chickpeas.
- Put the lid on an cook on a low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with some rice and veggies.
With thanks to Vegan Bowls for this delicious recipe!