This decadent chocolate mousse is made from a handful of ingredients, including aquafaba – now you’ll have even more reason to save your chickpea water!
100g dark chocolate
Liquid from a 400g tin of chickpeas (aquafaba)
2½ tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Handful of blueberries to serve
- Pour hot water into a pan until it’s about 3cm deep and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and put a heatproof bowl on the top of the pan, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the bottom.
- Break 85g of the chocolate into the bowl and let it melt. Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour the aquafaba into a large bowl and use an electric beater to whisk the liquid for 10-15 minutes. It will gradually firm up. Stop when the mixture makes stiff peaks when you lift out the beaters.
- Fold in the melted chocolate, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Make sure you don’t beat out too much air.
- Spoon the mousse into serving glasses or bowls and chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Grate the remaining chocolate.
- Dress the individual mousses with a handful of blueberries and the grated chocolate and serve!