MEDITERRANEAN MARINATED VEGETABLES
This colourful dish is not only perfect for hot summer days (or nights), it’s also easy to make and so good for you! Don’t let the long list of ingredients put you off, most of them will be found in your pantry.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
- Cook broccoli, cauliflower and beans in the boiling water, one vegetable at a time for 1 – 3 minutes. Spoon out when done to the ice water.
- Drain vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, olives and onions.
- Mix the marinade and spoon over all.
- Put in the fridge to cool overnight. Stir occasionally to ensure everything is covered in the marinade.
- Before serving, cut up fresh basil leaves and add to the dish.