ROAST PUMPKIN SOUP
If you have more pumpkin leftovers from Halloween than you can handle, we have the solution! This creamy roast pumpkin soup will be a firm favourite in your house long after the last Halloween lantern has been extinguished.
2 cups roasted pumpkin
1 onion, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
3 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons Maple syrup
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
Cooking oil for frying
- Heat 3 tablespoons cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add onion, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent,
- Add the pumpkin flesh, cinnamon, nutmeg and a few twists of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin mixture is done cooking, stir in the coconut milk and maple syrup. Remove the soup from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Use an emulsion or stand blender to blend this soup in the pot and then serve.
*This recipe yields approximately 2-3 bowls of soup. You can double the ingredients if you need more servings.