We love pretty food! This rice dish is perfect as a side dish, or on its own.
1 cup red rice
1 cup Emperor’s’ Rice (black rice)
1 cup brown rice
1 large onion, chopped
1 bunch of spring onions
1 cup sugar snap peas (frozen)
1 cup string beans (frozen), chopped
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of basil
Balsamic Vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
Cold Pressed Virgin Olive Oil
- Pour one cup of each rice into a pot with two cups of water for each cup of rice.
- Bring to the boil, let it boil for 5 minutes and then seal the saucepan for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the onions and spring onions.
- Add crushed garlic.
- Dunk the peas and the string beans into boiling water for a few minutes.
- Add chopped onions, spring onions.
- Check that the rice is nice and swollen and fluffy.
- Combine all the ingredients including the spices into a large salad bowl.
- Stir the veggies into the rice mixture.
- Add the spices.
- Pour over the vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve hot or cold.